Life Experience: First time in an Ambulance


Last Saturday, in Kampong Thom, was a quite shocking experience for me that I was sent to hospitals. It all started when I was walking from home toward my car, then I spotted a kind of long insect on my left foot. I, then, unexpectedly shook my foot and got it bitten and bleeding, so I had to call my uncle for assistance. He came with my aunts to help and identify what exactly the insect was. As soon as we realized it was a dirt snake, my uncle called my grandmother to get me to the provincial hospital. At the hospital I was given an emergency treatment, blood testing, and pain relief injection. About an hour later, they decided to get me to Calmette Hospital in Phnom Penh via an ambulance. Having arrived in Calmette in two hours later, I was taken to an emergency room and again got another blood testing. Fortunately, the result came out satisfying that I was not infected from the venom. However, I was told to relax at home and got some medicine applied on the injured spot. I am now in well condition, but my foot still hurt a bit. It was my first experience got bitten by a snake and first time in an ambulance.

Comments

Popular Posts